Firstly I would like to apologize for my absence these past couple of days, I work in retail so you can guess we are crazy busy during the Christmas period. I just want to shout out to all the retail workers and say I feel you and may the force be with you.
So todays review is going to be the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge by Sam & Nic. I have a serious Love/Hate relationship with this sponge. When I first got the sponge in Sam McCauleys chemist I was so excited because a friend of mine at the time had one and she loved it , so I needed to get one, no questions asked. I wanted this sponge because I was using a foundation brush previously and it was like the foundation was just sitting on my skin, It looked disgusting. I wanted the beauty blender but that’s €20, who has €20 to spend on a sponge’?! So this little beauty usually retails for €7.99 but is on sale now for only €5.33 in selected Chemists.
So Real Techniques state that this versatile beauty tool was designed with a revolutionary foam technology to evenly blend makeup for a smooth, enhanced finish. Use damp for a dewy glow or dry for a full coverage.
- rounded sides blend large areas of the face with a dabbing motion
- precision tip covers blemishes and imperfections
- flat edge for contouring around the eyes and nose
- ideal for liquid foundation
♥ PROS ♥
- It really does blend out your foundation so beautifully and effortlessly, I would recommend using it damp for the best results, they recommend a dry sponge for full coverage results. I have tried this and it does give you a full coverage results but the sponge is hard and feels horrible on the face.
- The flat edge helps with applying foundation in the under eye area nicely and when you use the precision tip, it gets in all the nooks and crannys.
- The sponge is so soft and when damp it feels refreshing on the skin.
- Real Techniques recommend you replace your sponge every 1-3 months and I have mine for 4 months now and I could do with replacing it but it is still very usable.
× CONS ×
- When the sponge dries out it shrinks really small and gets hard, its hard to get it back to its normal size.
- It’s really hard to clean, the only thing that cleans it’s for me is the Primark Blend & Cleanse
- On the flat side of the brush the corners get really hard.
- After a few uses and washes it starts to tear and crack.
I am really confused about my feelings for this sponge, its high quality results with a poor quality product.. It works so well but there are so many problems with it. I will obviously keep repurchasing it as it only €5 – €8 and the results are amazing but I hope that Real Techniques fix the breakages that everyone seems to get. If you were to ask me what would I rate it and would I recommend it I would say:
Yes I would recommend it.
I would rate it..
**Thank you for reading my blog! I hope you enjoyed it and found it useful, Please LIKE, SUBSCRIBE AND SHARE**